built in 1906
Originally built as a Tailors called Smith and Hobbs which employed several seamstresses working on the old Singer sewing machines and producing fine quality suits and tweed mostly for the hunting and racing set. It was still producing clothing until the late 1980’s and many of the locals remember the buzz of the sewing machines and many still have their suits.
We brought the property with the adjacent 17th Century cottage in 2013. Work started on the Old Tailors in 2016. We employed a specialist to replace the corrugated iron and or course a plumber and electrician - apart from that all of the other work was done in the evenings and weekends by us.